Who is?

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A wandering spirit, a nomadic heart. I go where the wind takes me. With no place to call home, everywhere I go is home. Concrete and soil. Land and sea. Home is where the heart is. Right here in my chest.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lazy Sunday

 The Tuscan chapter is half way through. Today I am enjoying some Al Bowlly  and earl grey on this rainy Sunday. The almond tree blows its little white petals by my window with a smell so sweet. My belly is full from another 4 course Italian family lunch. These people take their food seriously. Such comforting meals. Every weekend I have gotten to explore another ancient city. This week Lucca, next week Valdera. I am in love with this country. It's so enchanting! Maria has been amazing, welcoming me into the family as if I was one of them. If it wasn't for the language barrier I'm sure I would have gotten closer with them all. But I feel that Maria and I are enjoying the communication challenge. I think it will make better communicators out of us. I smile everyday, sleep so soundly and dream vividly. With the perfect balance of town and country, I have to say, life has been pretty darn good these past couple of weeks.

In Lucca, there is a street lined with these beautiful Magnolia trees. Pink magnolias on one side and white on the other.
Shoes! Every weekend in Lucca there is an awesome street market.

A creepy and wicked cool sculpture I found placed in an Alley while wondering around the street market. I am not sure what its story is, but i like it!

My delicious lunch in Lucca. I love how olive oil is and vinegar is severed with every meal. And of course a basket of bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment