Who is?

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A wandering spirit, a nomadic heart. I go where the wind takes me. With no place to call home, everywhere I go is home. Concrete and soil. Land and sea. Home is where the heart is. Right here in my chest.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Florence

Okay. So I'm finally going to write a post about Florence. I think I was just too overwhelmed at first and was still taking it all in a week after my trip! I swear, that weekend changed my life. I know that sounds so cheesy, but it is truly an enchanting and magical city. I felt that weekend sparked a lot of inspiration in me. No more sleeping beauty! Suddenly I felt so awake and clear and ready to write my own god damn fairy tale. (Again with the cheese, but I can't help my obsession with fairy tales.. especially in a place that feels like one every where I go). Ah Florence, I can not say "I love you" enough. Please go to this city. Stay at the Queens hostel for just 13 euros a night, have receptionists sing while they work. Meet other worldly travellers, drink extremely strong Margaritas at Moyo, where after 6pm the purchase of just one drink will get access to an amazing FREE buffet (it's a wonderful little thing called aperitivo, Italy's best kept secret). Ride the antique carousal. Hike up to the Giardino Delle Rose (the Rose Garden) for the incredible view of the city (and if your lucky enough to catch it when Spring is in full bloom, prepare your eyes and nose for roses galore! Sadly, my visit was too early for that). Visit the Doumo, light a candle and make a prayer. Drink the best damn espresso and eat the past damn pastries you've ever had. And put away your map and just simply walk, watch and take in. Florence... You really should go. 







No comments:

Post a Comment