Who is?

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A wandering spirit, a nomadic heart. I go where the wind takes me. With no place to call home, everywhere I go is home. Concrete and soil. Land and sea. Home is where the heart is. Right here in my chest.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

It's a great, big world out there.

For the first time since I arrived in Europe, I found myself caught in a moment of loneliness. Sitting at a table surround by young Italian couples, speaking to me in English but to each other in Italian, it really made me wish I understood the language. It also made me miss, for a brief moment, Toronto. Or perhaps just made me long to be in a land of English speakers (See you in five weeks Ireland!).  I really am excited about the farm in Piedmont though, getting to work with bees, doing yoga and meditative dance, working with children and eating a strict vegetarian diet.

I am so bloody proud of myself for being able to pick up and just go, anywhere in the world, all on my own. I love my fierce independence and content with my lone wolf nature. But there are moments, naturally, when I really do wish there was someone I could be sharing some of these adventures with. You're out there somewhere, I know. Come a little closer now, darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment