Who is?

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A wandering spirit, a nomadic heart. I go where the wind takes me. With no place to call home, everywhere I go is home. Concrete and soil. Land and sea. Home is where the heart is. Right here in my chest.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Feeling Blue... Literally!

A couple nights ago I decided to touch up my roots. The stylist at the salon in Fabbrica did a kick ass job cutting my hair, but she didn't do the worlds greatest dye job (my roots were still a shade or so darker then the rest of my hair). I had some salon dye a friend  gave me before I left Canada. Logics DNA in Blue Blonde. If you know anything about hair colouring, blue cancels out any red tones. But sometimes, when your hair has been previously dyed or lighten, things can go horribly wrong.

We've all heard the hair dye horror stories where hair has turned blue, green or grey, but that would never happen to you! Until it does. You come out of the shower, step in front of the mirror to check out the job well done... only to see a smurf.

Oh no. It happened. Your hair has the blues. And somehow it just isn't quiet the same as when you purposely dyed your hair blue (and every other colour of the rainbow) when you were a teen. 
Unhappy results. (It was actually bit more blue in person.)

Not wanting to go to a salon and spend a lot of money to fix this problem (seeing as I am on a WWOOFer's budget), I scan the internet and send out e-mails to hairstylist friends in hope of a DIY cure to my DIY mess. Everything is sounding like a lot of work and money (if I want to stay blonde) until I stumble upon a hair thread where someone claimed that a mixture of lemon juice and conditioner will lighten your hair if you accidentally dyed it too dark. Hmm... I have lemons...I have hair conditioner! Well what the heck, it if doesn't work, no damage can be done to my hair or my wallet, right? 

Sweet mother of pearl. It worked like a miracle! I can't really believe it but a lemon saved my hair crisis. I am blue no more. Thanks lemons! And of course, thank you handy, dandy internet.


The happy results! Yay!



3 comments: