Who is?

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A wandering spirit, a nomadic heart. I go where the wind takes me. With no place to call home, everywhere I go is home. Concrete and soil. Land and sea. Home is where the heart is. Right here in my chest.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Awake and Dreaming.

I did it! I am actually here in Europe. I am so amazed and proud of myself right now. I have been dreaming about Europe since I was 12, when I became a Robbie Williams fan. Yes, laugh it up, but it is true! My infatuation with the British pop star is where it all started. If I get to see him live in concert, I am going to pee my pants with happiness.

I found London quite overwhelming, insanely expensive and incredibly crowded. Perhaps I was just far to jet lagged to enjoy the very short time I was there. The high light of my short stop in London was seeing Big Ben from the bus that was taking me to the Airport. In fact, that little moment made it all worth the while.

Now I am in the province of Pisa (located in the region of Tuscany). It is breathtakingly beautiful! I'm in awe of it all, every single second. There is a church here in the town of Fabbrica that was built in the twelfth century. Walking by it yesterday evening with the tolling of the bell was quite magical. I have never wanted to to go a church so badly! One afternoon this week  I am going to take a visit.  I'm hoping I am able to go up to the bell tower.

I really love the farm I am on. I am the only WWOOFer here and Julia is'nt coming till the 20th now, but now that I am here, being on my own isn't so daunting anymore. The work can be rather physically demanding (which is a good thing, considering the amount of pasta and breads we eat here!), but I am not required to work very long hours. It's very relaxed here.

Well the the rain is pouring down heavy and wet, just in time for my evening in Pisa! I think I will take shelter in one of the Museums.

Now here is a photo of Robbie Williams dressed as a rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment