Who is?

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A wandering spirit, a nomadic heart. I go where the wind takes me. With no place to call home, everywhere I go is home. Concrete and soil. Land and sea. Home is where the heart is. Right here in my chest.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tips for the Oversea Traveler

Over the last couple of months of my travel planning and research I have discovered some very handy sites that I thought I would share.

Canadianaffair.com This an excellent site for flights to the UK and Ireland from Canada

Skyscanner.net It's basically the Flight Center of budget airlines in Europe. As romantic as the train is, in Europe flying tends to be the cheapest way around!

Volunteercard.com Volunteering overseas? (This includes WWOOFing.) Go here for amazing, dirt cheap Travel insurance.

Women-on-the-road.com This is a great site for any woman making solo travel plans. It's full of advise on how to stay safe, what to pack and loads of inspiration and encouragement!

Tips for Backpack shopping

I was completely at a loss when I first started looking into backpacks for my trip. There are so many to choose! First off, don't cheap out. I'm not saying get the most expensive bag on the market, but a well made pack means a comfortable pack. I bought a Gregory Jade 50 on sale (ah the perks of buying off season!). It's specifically made for women and comes in sizes XS-L. And when they say it wears like a dream, they're not lying!

While you're travelling, your pack is your life. Make sure you get one that is right for your body and that it is fitted properly. Your back and body will thank you. Also, don't go too big. I recommend making sure it is small enough to take as a carry on. As I said, your pack is your life and you're going to want to with as much as possible. Also most budget airlines charge you for checked baggage, so you'll be saving yourself some money there as well.

As for packing.... I'll let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment